Thread: 2 Hovering Cars discussion

Default Flying Cars

SYDNEY MORNING HERALD:

A second "hovering car" has been spotted on Google's satellite imaging service near a suburban carpark on the outskirts Perth.

The image of the mysterious car was identified on Google Earth by the Flyin' Globe website.

The car is parked near some houses and a carpark and appears to be floating, casting a shadow on the ground below.

In January, the first "hovering car" was spotting on Google Earth at Point Walter in the affluent south western Perth suburb of Bicton.

The image of the most recent "hovering car" is of parkland near the shores of Coogee Beach, just off Cockburn Road, near the corner of Powell Road.

Coogee Beach, a popular family beach, is about 20 minutes' drive south of Fremantle.

Google Earth images are mostly taken by satellites - and sometimes by aircraft - within the past three years and there are no "live" images on the site.

Google Earth, launched last year, allows users to zoom across the planet and drill down to a height of about 300 metres. The program also has "tilt" function to give a side or angled view of an area or object.

Cars and boats are clearly visible at this level and in some areas, where even higher definition images are available, people can be seen.

The Google service has spawned a group of devoted followers who scour the satellite images for strange sightings.

You can see the placemarks here:
    Hovering Car #1
    Hovering Car #2

T.
    Last edited by araT; 03-22-2006 at 06:37 AM.

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

I would say, in both pics a light car is parking next to a dark one. As the other cars in the pics also have no shadows, these 2 cars don't have shadows. And when you look in the first pic straight to the top, there is another dark car parking among the others. That looks pretty the same like the "shadow of the hovering car".

The eyes and the brain see what they want to see, a hovering car. Sorry, call me an illusion killer

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Default 2 Hovering Cars discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

2 Hovering Cars

2 hovering cars found in Western Australia, the story has been reported on the Australian news and is causing controvercy all over the web.

Dream on! How about white cars parked next to black ones?

In order to avoid a double discussion, I've merged the two threads with the same topic.

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

yep...definitely a black car next to white one. If you want to believe in ghost cars, be my guest. But if you want the truth..its not floating. And if it is, then its held up by something thats too small to see. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

I've merged the new one to the existing new ones

Norman R. Augustine

when i first saw the image i thought it was a black car beside a white one not a floating car

Lightbulb I think the car may be hovering

Look at this shadow
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok, how many hovering cars have you seen yet (except the one in Back to the future)?

Look at the attachment, another black car almost like the one you assume it's a shadow...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Norman R. Augustine

Default Perhaps...

Couldn┤t it be just an Advertising sign??? OK, you must be already very crazy to install such a special advertising sign for your parking lot, but who knows?

What about that just a black car is parking next to another one and your brain tells you, the car is hovering...

What is more likely?

Norman R. Augustine

its a billboard with a shadow behind it. looking at it the picture would have been taken between 11am and 3pm that day

I think this page explains a lot:
    Especially the line "People have been known to bottom land on the Point Walter Sand bar" (The sand bar which becomes quite visible if you just zoom out a little in GE)