Thread: Cornwall is a bright blur (used to be green blur)

Default Cornwall is a bright blur (used to be green blur)

I just looked at cornwall, uk and was surprised. At first i thought it had been made hi res but on zooming in it had just been changed from green lo-res to a bright white lo-res. Does anyone know why this has happened as it certainly has not improved cornwall. Or is it a problem with my software, I have no idea??
    Does anyone else have this white lo-res over cornwall?

I spotted that too, they must have changed some image data in the last few days. I assumed at first that Cornwall was in winter, maybe it is. They've ruined what had been a spectacular view of Brunel's Tamar bridge, you can still see half of it. The shadow it cast was quite amazing, now you can only see half of it and it doesn't join properly. I was also a bit hacked off that the data for Cambridge is now older and a bit poorer quality. I don't understand why this happens.
    I can only make one person happy per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Default tamar bridge

I cant believe that has been ruined but i do believe i have seen it in a kmz in the file section, though i not sure if it will be there still?

Default tamar gone forever

it was a place mark not a image, maybe someone has saved the image???

It's still there on Google Maps. I might capture the image and post it as an overlay.
    I can only make one person happy per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Default waiting for them to post the file!

Quote Originally Posted by shrinkingman
    It's still there on Google Maps. I might capture the image and post it as an overlay.
    http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfi...mir-Bridge.htm
    just waiting for them to stick it in 'files' cos bored great idea shrinkingman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shrinkingman
    I assumed at first that Cornwall was in winter, maybe it is
    Hi, im from Cornwall and its deffo not winter here!

This brings me to the question of.....
    when are they going to update Cornwall so you can actually zoom in on stuff?

By the way....top site!

Quote Originally Posted by davekmrhys
    http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfi...mir-Bridge.htm
    just waiting for them to stick it in 'files' cos bored great idea shrinkingman!!!
    That was quick, you beat me to it. I was having problems getting it aligned correctly and gave up. I might have left the red marker out, but other than that good work, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by nee
    Hi, im from Cornwall and its deffo not winter here!

This brings me to the question of.....
    when are they going to update Cornwall so you can actually zoom in on stuff?
    It may not be winter now but it could have been when the images were taken. They're typically one to three years old and it's not unknown for them to be taken in winter, there are many examples of it. I can't think of another reason that it all looks white.

As for when they'll be hi-res, it's anyone's guess. I just posted a message I got from GE support, you might want to look at that.

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/foru...6668#post26668

Default bright cornwall

i thought that maybe it was just taken when the sun was really bright as there has never been snow 'all' over cornwallas far as i can remember?

Question download removed

the download has been denied because apparently the 'blurred white' cornwall is an improvement!

I don't think they mean the blurred white bit, it's the hi-res images around Plymouth which have been 'improved'. It's a shame because that was a great shot previously, but I guess we have to get used to the images changing.

Wink

that is what i thought but i also thought the overlay would be good to have as it is quite a prestige part of plymouth, being that it was designed by Brunel. Any how i like the shadow and still think it should be on here just to show the bridge. If anyone has the heart to understand that this overlay is a good thing please let me upload again
    I still have the overlay and i think it is a great shot with the shadow.
    Maybe one day they will change their minds.....maybe...