Thread: Grizzly River Rampage

Default Grizzly River Rampage

I was checking out Opryland Hotel while on break and I fould the old Grizzly River Rampage. Look it up on the internet if you can find it. It was a water ride that was very nice to get on at the end of the day if you had been at the park all day. Tons of memories with the ride. Had to share.

Edit:

Looks like an old race track. but that was the path the raft took. Also the middle was for holding all of the water that was needed. The entrance was on the bottom left of the man made pond. You can still see the structure. Used to be all wood.

It was bought and sold to the following link:

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/kentuc.../blizzard.html

and that is what it looked like.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sethpen; 03-27-2006 at 06:35 PM.

That's sweet. I wish I could have gone to that park. My aunt gave me a park map a long time ago, but I never made it before they tore it all down. I can't believe something's left. What is that they replaced the park with? A convention center or something?

Quote Originally Posted by boiiinng
    That's sweet. I wish I could have gone to that park. My aunt gave me a park map a long time ago, but I never made it before they tore it all down. I can't believe something's left. What is that they replaced the park with? A convention center or something?
    The building with the glass roof if the Opryland Hotel and Convention Center. It coexisted with the theme park and is an attraction all its own. There a very few hotels in the world quite so large or eccentric.

The area to the south is where the majority of the theme park was. They replaced it with (blecch) a "Mills" mall, wihch you can see if you scroll down just a bit (huge building). It's a chain of massive malls all over the country with IMAX theaters, Bass Pro Shops and Rainforest Cafes, to name a few. I have a lot of happy memories at Opryland, and much prefer it to Opry Mills. Let's see . . . shopping for bass boats or riding the Screaming Delta Demon and the Wabash Cannonball? I know which activity I prefer.