Thread: Google Earth Educational site with lessons

Cool Google Earth Educational site with lessons

Hopefully you find the time to swing by the new teaching with Google Earth website www.gelessons.com The site is by and for teachers with complete lessons, including video tutorials, with more on the way (I am putting the finishing touches on a lesson now where the students use Google Earth to create overlays and then do Mean, Median and Mode exercises related to the data they collect).

The site is pretty interactive and I hope to add a lot more functionality as time goes by! For example, my son wrote a tiny Java Applet that generates random coordinates which can then be used to test student's proficiency with Longitude and Latitude (it needs a lot of work, but it does work :-)

Anyway, hope you can swing on by!

David

Quote Originally Posted by wndrin View Post
    Hopefully you find the time to swing by the new teaching with Google Earth website www.gelessons.com The site is by and for teachers with complete lessons, including video tutorials, with more on the way (I am putting the finishing touches on a lesson now where the students use Google Earth to create overlays and then do Mean, Median and Mode exercises related to the data they collect).

The site is pretty interactive and I hope to add a lot more functionality as time goes by! For example, my son wrote a tiny Java Applet that generates random coordinates which can then be used to test student's proficiency with Longitude and Latitude (it needs a lot of work, but it does work :-)

Anyway, hope you can swing on by!

David
    Great done!

I did find the time to swing by the new teaching with Google Earth website www.gelessons.com.

olegas

Default Google Earth Educational site with lessons

Hi
    Please tell about student's proficiency with Longitude and Latitude?