Thread: Doesnīt GE keep the pictures?

Unhappy Doesnīt GE keep the pictures?

Hello to everybody in the world from Germany :-)

I learned to drag downloaded placemarks to "myplaces" to keep them for later sessions. But once I want to revisit a place in a later session, GE downstreams all the photos again (the default satellite photos).

Canīt I keep the once downloaded photos? I imagined gigabytes of data on my harddisk after a few months from which GE would stream if necessary ... only downstreaming from the internet if not yet on harddisk.

Whatīs my mistake/misundersdanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Loy
    Hello to everybody in the world from Germany :-)
    Hello from Brazil, but iīm not from Germany

I learned to drag downloaded placemarks to "myplaces" to keep them for later sessions. But once I want to revisit a place in a later session, GE downstreams all the photos again (the default satellite photos).

Canīt I keep the once downloaded photos? I imagined gigabytes of data on my harddisk after a few months from which GE would stream if necessary ... only downstreaming from the internet if not yet on harddisk.

Whatīs my mistake/misundersdanding?
    GE allows you to keep up to 512MB of imagery on your harddisk. They donīt explain why is not possible to store more.
    Go to Tools>Options>Cache>Disk Cache to change this setting.

One thing we think is that they may update the images on a regular basis, and if all had a large cache, it would be meaningless.
    "Surfing on the waves of sound..."