Thread: The 50 Best Cities in the World discussion

Default The 50 Best Cities in the World discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

The 50 Best Cities in the World

Switch Populated Places off, turn terrain on, and enjoy the 50 BEST cities in the world... plus the worst one...

you're missing mexico city!

Well There's a lot of cities I would think are better than what they say.

I would have Hong Kong,Gibraltar,El Puerto de Santa Maria,Spain,Lisieux,France etc...
    Check out the Only Google Earth Wiki on the internet.

Google Earth Wiki

Have a look at my EarthSwoop Collections

Tinos, Greece

Quote Originally Posted by brgarza
    you're missing mexico city!

Survey methodology
    Data was collected largely between September and November 2005 and was updated regularly to take account of changing circumstances. In particular, the assessments will be revised in the case of any new developments. Only 215 cities have been considered in the Quality of Living 2006 rankings.

The overall quality of living ranking is based on an evaluation of 39 criteria. New York has been used as the base score for quality of living, which has a total index equal to 100.

Mercerĺs study is based on detailed assessments and evaluations of 39 key quality of living determinants, grouped in the following categories:

* Political and social environment (political stability, crime, law enforcement, etc.)
    * Economic environment (currency exchange regulations, banking services, etc.)
    * Socio-cultural environment (censorship, limitations on personal freedom, etc.)
    * Medical and health considerations (medical supplies and services, infectious diseases, sewage, waste disposal, air pollution, etc.)
    * Schools and education (standard and availability of schools, etc.)
    * Public services and transportation (electricity, water, public transport, traffic congestion, etc.)
    * Recreation (restaurants, theatres, cinemas, sports and leisure, etc.)
    * Consumer goods (availability of food/daily consumption items, cars, etc.)
    * Housing (housing, household appliances, furniture, maintenance services, etc.)
    * Natural environment (climate, record of natural disasters)

I think Mexico City has too much air pollution and traffic congestion, and crime (similar to LA) - and this is why it has not managed to enter the top 50... Even NYC is at 46th place!
    Last edited by stefankarakashev; 05-18-2006 at 08:36 PM.