Thread: I am very disappointed from Google Earth team

Default I am very disappointed from Google Earth team

Hello there. I am using your great website from two years now and everything you have found and shared is great !! But for the years which I am using GE I always found it annoying and sad about my city . I am very disappointed about the rezolution for Sofia,Bulgaria. Bulgaria is a member in the EU and also Sofia is more than 1,500 000 population. But nothing has changed. From the beggining till October 2006 , the resolution and pictures for Sofia were from 2003 and also the resolution was awful , but of course that was OK. Then in October Google Team changed the pictures with newer ones from 2005. But there is really something bad. There are clouds which are covering the most important part of the city and all its famous buildings. Also the resolution is too bad for a city like this. And I want to ask you , is there a way that I can contact GE Team ?? Or do you know when we'll get a better resolution (ok , not like in the USA but why not like as the one in Brussels,Belgium) ??

Super Moderator

Hi Dwart.

It doesn't help to write the GE team, I have tried to ask by mail but got no answer. You have to be patient with updates.

GE recieve the images from various suppliers which you can see at the bottom of the GE map.
    When they update to new we'll tell you andother members about it in our Blog and Forum.

For my country, Denmark, I and other danes said it would take very long until all is in Hi-res but one day we saw 99.9% Denmark was in Hi-res.

Sometimes they put an image older than the current and that wonders us too but it's seldom.

About the clouds. They are natural and can be present when the image is taken by plane or satellite.

If you see in the Forum we have told members what's new updated. So be patient.

One day you'll see the Alexander Nevski Cathedral clear again. And one day in very Hi-res. The same to other places around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by sladys View Post
    One day you'll see the Alexander Nevski Cathedral clear again. And one day in very Hi-res.
    I'd even say that one day you'll see it in 3D. It just might be a while...

Ok guys. Maybe you're right. I now saw that Google made an update to Bourgas and now all the city is visible , not like before so I think that Google Team didn't forgot us. Now I am just wondering and want to ask you - Do you know or do you think which is the place or area in Bulgaria with highest resolution. I think it's the Bebresh Viaduct (you can find it in the search box) but if you know a place with a better resolution you can help ..

Default How I'm wishing...

That Google Earth would update my home town. It has been the same one since 2008. There have been major changes here since then and the photo they have up at this point falls to show those changes. Also... if and when they do change it, perhaps they will use a higher resolution? It would be great.
    I bought Google Earth pro last year but quickly asked for my money back when I saw that they were using the same picture as the free version. And so, they have nothing to offer me that would be worth paying for. However, if Google Earth was to update, I would gladly buy it.

I live in,
    Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada