Thread: Wrong country

Default Wrong country

That may sound a little narrowmindedly, but GE put DolnÝ Poustevka into the wrong country... It doesn't belong to Germany, but the Czech Republic. Well, DolnÝ Poustevka is north of Sebnitz anyway.

But since this is one of the oldest frontiers between two countrys at least in mid europe, it makes me wonder where GE gets it's informations. I bet those sources must be older then the XIIIth century.

Good archive works, folks.

Georg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great... I tried to correct GE and made an error myself. The town I find in the wrong country is in fact called "DolnÝ Poustevna". Still the Czech won't be happy to lose this town to Germany, will they?

Georg

Super Moderator

Exclamation

I have found several locations where I live that has a wrong name. I made a hack with the right place.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GEH4EVR; 05-29-2006 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Well, about the wrong name... It's sometimes funny where GE sends you, when you enter the name of several german cities in the fly to... I guess, Captain Hornblower has already entered "Koblenz, Germany" and found his city some 600 km east of its original place.

And "Neustadt, Germany" (Neustadt is a very common name for german cities - new town) leads you to the Hamburg harbour. Don't ask me why.

On the other hand they mistook "Muenster (Westfalen)" - GE knows it simply as "Westfalen". Guestphalia is the name of a former prussian province, Muenster is a city in the north of it.

Anyway, it's funny, nothing more.

Georg

Super Moderator

When you enter Augsburg you end at the right place, but if you enter Augsburg, Germany you end up in Husum (SH). I don't remember a Augsburg near Husum.

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Try it without the "," , just Koblenz Germany

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine