Thread: worlds largest building

Default worlds largest building

Boeing Co.'s Everett manufacturing plant, which encloses 472 million cubic feet of space and covers more than 98 acres, dwarfs the famous tall buildings of the world in volume and has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in the state of Washington

The facility, which is 11 stories tall, is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the world's largest building by volume.

To get some perspective on the sheer size, 911 basketball courts or 74 American style football fields would fit in the building. So would Disneyland - along with 12 acres of covered parking.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I see that you are telling us all this wonderful info on the world's amazing things, and I encourage you to submit them to the files section, and upon approval, have the file bot make a comments thread by clicking on the button near the bottom of each files page
    This will eliminate a thread here, and there to make less confusion.
    Remember what movie these are from? I bet you don't!
    "You do well in school?"---"Yeah"---"Good, so did I, that's what they call a paradox"

"How's your mother?"---"Oh... I'm afraid she's on her way out."---"We all are. Act accordingly."

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

But like the deepest point on Earth is the largest building of the world already in the database...

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Default duplicates

no doubt most of the posts are duplicates.
    this is a forum for interesting things that individuals have found, if every duplicated post was removed what would be the point of having a forum.
    there is no need to put bad posts on.
    if your not interested just pass on to the next post

Oh, I am not talking about the posts in the forum. I am talking about uploading files in the file section.
    I just don't want to disappoint you if you feel encouraged by BradG7 and upload it in the file section and then it's denied because it's already in the database.

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Big building!

But what i'd like to know is what is that boat up to the NW of the placemark? Looks like it has no markings or anythnig and it's very smooth all over.

Default worlds largest building

The Boeing plant is there, but it fails to mention being the largest building or the fact it is in the Guinness Book of Records.

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfi...eing-Plant.htm
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.

The description says:

Here ist the real Boeing Plant in Everett, Washington. Here you can see the largest building by volume in the world. The hall ist over 1km long.

Norman R. Augustine