Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Earth 4 Beta Released

Default c:/>drive

Might be a temp folder for use when you open Google. Most programs have one I make mine c:\temp and set it up in the enviroment in windows XP.
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.

Looks nice... but what happened to my layers window? I really liked being able to turn on and off 3d buildings, roads and placenames... In fact, I don't seem to have any buildings at all anymore. (I still have downloaded 3d-models though.)

Is this beta not fully functional yet or has Google been teasing me and do they want me to buy the full version??
    Last edited by Appletom; 06-13-2006 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Foul Language
    mzl
    dapascha

---
    "Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it, depends
    on what you put into it." -- TOM LEHRER

My hacks on GE Community...

Default Layers

They are all there. Just need to look for eveerything all over again. Once you find them, just check the ones you use the most.
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.

Well, I had to re-download and re-install, and presto, they're back. (And I didn't even have to use foul language! )
    mzl
    dapascha

---
    "Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it, depends
    on what you put into it." -- TOM LEHRER

My hacks on GE Community...

Hum,
    Still only 2 Gb disk cache...
    and still no way in options to make a directory path to choose/load up another saved cache file...

Perhaps that`ll appear in the final version...

Quote Originally Posted by dapascha
    Well, I had to re-download and re-install, and presto, they're back. (And I didn't even have to use foul language! )
    I had the same problem.

I have a problem with my status bar and city names,any suggestions how I can fix that?

thx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Problem overlays with GE4beta

Anyone else have problems with overlays in the new beta version? What I see is that I have to be at the right angle to see it otherwise an overlay seems to flash on and off.

I had the same problrm. I had a rather large overlay (4 MB), and anytime I moved, everything flashed and went slow. However, strangely enough, if I went into the properties and clicked in the "source" or "location" box (forgot the official name), I could see the overlay clearly.

has anyone noticed, that military objects like the 2 blackbirds or the stealth bomber in google beta 4 is replaced with just an small sign. The original picture is gone..at least in my version or did I do mistake and the download files does not work anymore with google beta 4?

Quote Originally Posted by marcvanaachten
    has anyone noticed, that military objects like the 2 blackbirds or the stealth bomber in google beta 4 is replaced with just an small sign. The original picture is gone..at least in my version or did I do mistake and the download files does not work anymore with google beta 4?
    If it's not a mistake on your end then possibly the Government asked Google, 'nicely', to get rid of it for National Security reasons.

Most likely that is the case, or they got more recent pictures
    Remember what movie these are from? I bet you don't!
    "You do well in school?"---"Yeah"---"Good, so did I, that's what they call a paradox"

"How's your mother?"---"Oh... I'm afraid she's on her way out."---"We all are. Act accordingly."

Default Beta4 runs more slowly!!

I have just upgraded my v3 to beta4 - but the loading and response time is now very slow. I can no longer 'grab' the image and pull it left to right in real time - there is no response for 20 seconds or so then the frame starts to move.
    Similarly, using the scroll button to zoom in is pathetically slow.
    I must have the set-up wrong, but I have made no changes.
    Can I revert to v3 by reinstalling it, without losing placemarks etc.

I have a NVidia 6600GT graphics card, Win2000 and 1.8 Ghz processor - so although they are not state of the art they should be OK.

Any clues/comments??

Quote Originally Posted by greypound
    I have just upgraded my v3 to beta4 - but the loading and response time is now very slow.
    I find it much slower to load now than it did at first -- by "load" I mean get rid of the white rectangular flash screen and bring up the image of the globe -- and yet my understanding of the initial announcement was that it would be quicker to load.

In general I like the changes except I don't like the E-W orientation of the tilt control since the actual tilt is N-S. I'd rather switch the two sliders or have them both N-S.

Wow, this version is so much better!

I can see my hometown, finally.