Thread: 50 Closest Wifi Hotspots discussion

Default 50 Closest Wifi Hotspots discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

50 Closest Wifi Hotspots

Network Link for use in Google Earth that dynamically displays the 50 closest WiFi Wireless Internet Hotspots. The database of hotspots is growing every hour. Coverage is limited to the US at this point. Will continue to update the database with WiFi Hotspots.

Cool

What database are you using for the hotspots? I notice my local Panera Bread and Starbucks aren't pinpointed (in Midlothian, VA near Richmond).

Quote Originally Posted by greg.epps
    What database are you using for the hotspots? I notice my local Panera Bread and Starbucks aren't pinpointed (in Midlothian, VA near Richmond).
    I've noticed this too, but thought it was still a useful link.

I've asked the submitter for further info on his/her source and will update the file description at a later time.

Default Wifi Data Points

The data is being gathered from different providers. The current set is primarily from Wayport. I am continuing to expand each day. Please let me know the area that you would like to see more information, and I will see what I can gather.

Thanks for the input. Will continue to improve the dataset and functionality.

Thanks, techno. If you make any significant updates you'd like me to add to the remarks, let me (or another moderator) know and we can edit the description.

Default I'd like to see more data for Midlothian, VA.

I know where at least 2 hotspots are, one owned by a Panera bread and the other owned by Starbucks (T-Mo hotspot).

Default hotspots

Quote Originally Posted by technomagination
    The data is being gathered from different providers. The current set is primarily from Wayport. I am continuing to expand each day. Please let me know the area that you would like to see more information, and I will see what I can gather.

Thanks for the input. Will continue to improve the dataset and functionality.

Anything in the central Oklahoma area would be very helpful sir!

Thanks,

Paul
    KD5VJR

are you putting down buissnesses only, or are you putting residential also, decause if your putting residential i know a few.