Thread: Two suggested categories

Default Two suggested categories

Hi all

Just discovered GE and I think it is cool.

#1 Can you add a sub-category to "Sightseeing: Vacation Locations"
    Nude/optional clothing beaches/resorts

I have myself just started doing my own research (being a nudist) and have located so far half a dozen sites which can be confirmed by website, maps, arial pictures and even one resort company has Google Earth Placemarks right on their website for each of their resorts. I sent you and example of one of my placemarks. Notice the icon If you want I will even moderate those files being that I am an enthusiast of this community.

#2 Can you add two subcategory to "Sightseeing: Other"
    Webcam public
    Webcam personal

I am still trying to figure out how to get my webcam server to show up in a Google Earth placemark bubble. I have seen many of these on the Google Earth Forum but their files are so badly classified and organized I don't even want to bother going threw that sh**.

Ramzez
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default More country

Please extends the list of avalaible of country.

Exemple Zambia,Gabon,....

!Others is not good...

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications...ook/index.html

Thank's
    Attached Files Attached Files

@Dom88: We are discussing the list topic in this thread.

@everyone: We don't want to encourage age specific sections of our site, so nude beaches(especially with webcams) will not be permitted. This is not targeting a certain culture, but is set in place to protect us from getting into legal trouble.
    Besides, I'm under 18 anyways
    Remember what movie these are from? I bet you don't!
    "You do well in school?"---"Yeah"---"Good, so did I, that's what they call a paradox"

"How's your mother?"---"Oh... I'm afraid she's on her way out."---"We all are. Act accordingly."

Quote Originally Posted by BradG7
    @everyone: We don't want to encourage age specific sections of our site, so nude beaches(especially with webcams) will not be permitted. This is not targeting a certain culture, but is set in place to protect us from getting into legal trouble.
    Besides, I'm under 18 anyways
    Maybe you should have read the post a little more carefuly!!!!

Suggestion #1 has nothing to do with suggestion #2 (meaning there are no webcams on nude beaches!!!!)

NUDE BEACHES
    In any placemarks that would be made you would not see any nudity or nude people on the beaches. We are talking about placemarks of resorts or beaches where people do those sort of things.

So your comment about getting in legal trouble is rediculous. You probably get in more trouble by posting placemarks for Area 51 or the sites in Toronto that the terrorists wanted to hit.

Some beaches or resorts are for adults only while others more family oriented. Meaning all the kids and the parents participate in (non-sexual) activities in the nude. And so this category is no any more age specific then a bar is age specific because its ilegal for people under the age of 18 or 21.

Did you know that more then 70% of the population is over 18 or 21 and that just because you are not allowed does not mean you should prevent those over 18 to benefit from the use of this category.

So I am not sure why you commented the way you did on something you know nothing about. Maybe next time you should ask more questions before making off hand comments with no real understanding of the subject. Not only that you didn't read the post correctly since I never heard of a nude beach with a live webcam and I don't think any nudist would allow it. And I certainly never said that any of the nude beaches had webcams.

WEBCAMS
    So the webcam category is a good idea being that I seen many placemarks of webcams on the Google Earth Forum. (Not to mention they have place marks for nude beaches as well)

I hope you don't feel offended by my comments however the way you replied to my suggestion set the tone of my reply. I don't agree with your comments and I feel you missinterpreted and missjudged my comments.

Ramzez
    Peace love and Harmony

The problem that us as mods would have with it is that more than just I am under 18, several high ranking members here are under 18. Putting a section with nudity, requires us to make a section restricting minors from entering in accordance to many international laws. That would be too time consuming for Mickey, and be way to overkill in my opinion.
    *edit*
    Threatening me gets you nowhere, ask any senior member what happens when I am threatened about something.
    Remember what movie these are from? I bet you don't!
    "You do well in school?"---"Yeah"---"Good, so did I, that's what they call a paradox"

"How's your mother?"---"Oh... I'm afraid she's on her way out."---"We all are. Act accordingly."

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Anyway:

Unless Mickey doesn't reply, we can discuss and discuss.... But nothing will happen because Mickey is the only one who can change the scripts and insert new categories.

I will tell Mickey about this thread and let's wait and see....

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by BradG7
    The problem that us as mods would have with it is that more than just I am under 18, several high ranking members here are under 18. Putting a section with nudity, requires us to make a section restricting minors from entering in accordance to many international laws. That would be too time consuming for Mickey, and be way to overkill in my opinion.
    *edit*
    Threatening me gets you nowhere, ask any senior member what happens when I am threatened about something.
    Again I will say you didn't read the either of my posts carefully.

Did I say there would be naked pictures?
    Did I say there would be naked people on webcams?
    Did I say there would be any naked people on anything?
    No
    I was simply suggesting to make a category of resorts and beaches where people enjoy nudism. That's all.
    And another UNRELATED category for live webcams.

My friend if you think I am threatening you are mistaken. Don't mistaken justified constructive criticism for a threat. Accept that perhaps you misjudged my post and wrote a reply based on wrong assumptions. If you can't debate or have an exchange on a particular issue then maybe you shouldn't be a moderator. Besides you have all the power not me. What could I do??? You can ban me, delete my post etc... I can't do anything. I was trying to tell you in the same tone you replied to my first post that you made an error and I was trying to point it out to you via this forum.

Did you notice that your second post didn't even take into account any of my counter points? Like you didn't even read it. If you have some valid points why these two categories are not suitable for this site I would like to hear them. So far you slammed 2 good ideas without any justification whatsoever.

I hope that you will read my posts carefully and properly respond with good arguments. I love a good debate and/or dialogue. I am sorry to say but your replies were neither.

Ramzez
    Peace, love and Harmony

If you can't debate or have an exchange on a particular issue then maybe you shouldn't be a moderator
    Well what BradG7 said was completely true, and I am sure he is perfectly willing for a debate about it, but telling him he shouldn't be a moderator is something us other mods(and Mickey) decide, BradG7 is a very good moderator who has contributed a lot to GEH.

In my oppinion it would be a tricky thing to have on GEH, mainly because of the Nudity, It may involve putting in some sort of restricted section and that could be very difficult.
    Check out the Only Google Earth Wiki on the internet.

Google Earth Wiki

Have a look at my EarthSwoop Collections

Quote Originally Posted by GEH4EVR
    Well what BradG7 said was completely true, and I am sure he is perfectly willing for a debate about it, but telling him he shouldn't be a moderator is something us other mods(and Mickey) decide, BradG7 is a very good moderator who has contributed a lot to GEH.

In my oppinion it would be a tricky thing to have on GEH, mainly because of the Nudity, It may involve putting in some sort of restricted section and that could be very difficult.
    What nudity?????????

Did you even read my posts?
    There is NO NUDITY ANYWHERE in the placemark or the images that will show up in GE.

The public is as likely to see any nudity in the category "nude beach" as they would be likely to see Brad Pitt and Angela Jolie naked by looking at their house via GE. Come on guys!!!! You guys are not making any sence.

What exactly did BradG7 say that is exactly true? I have really no idea.

Ramzez
    Peace, love and Harmony

Default peace on Google earth

I just want to say to Ramzez that even if you feel that you have been misunderstood... your tone is a hard. We each have our way of understanding concepts, that is why there are wars. And it is not going to change during the life of this planet. What we need here and now is a little tolerance - Peace

Default Go ramzez!

Sorry for butting in, but I feel ramzez here deserves a little more support and a little less scalding by people who really don't seem to read his posts.

I'm not personally interested in nudism, but it does seem like a valid and worthwile category, as many other people are. For those it would be valuable and appreciated information to be able to find new places to recreate. Nudsim is a popular and widely accepted form of recreation, and the system were nude-beaches are clearly marked and seperated from 'regular' recreational areas is working fine, without any imposed age restrictions. Why this wouldn't work in a virtual database, I dunno.

Further, it really does seem like ramzez' posts are not being read by the moderators. Just having a placemark at a beach that allows nudism doesn't mean _at all_ that nudity will be visible. You would have to have very high resolution (pictures taken from low flying aircrafts) to be able to see people clearly as individuals, let alone see wether or not they are wearing swimming shorts or bikini's.
    And what about people being topless on non-nudism beaches? Should these placemarks be banned as well? What about people changing clothes on regular beaches? For maybe two seconds, these people are at least partially naked! We should probably add some age-restriction for these places as well, or better yet, just censor all beaches and outdoor recreational area's. ;-)

Unless ofcourse it's not the visual nudity you're worried about, but the actual word 'Nudity'. In which case I withdraw all my arguments in a storm of condescending laughter.

In the replies to his posts these arguments are not addressed or even acknowledged at all, instead, ramzez is accused of being threatening and having a hard tone. His tone, in my interpetration, is merely a little frustrated. Rightfully so, I would say.

And, while on the subject of threatening:
    Please explain how this is NOT threatening!!

Nudists in general are very aware of their status in society, and careful enough to not allow webcams or peeping toms on their sites! Just enjoying yourself the way you believe nature intended you to do, is tricky enough in today's western society where any contact with children is overly scrutinized.

I have even less interest in webcams than in nude-beaches, so I have no idead if his idea for a seperate category for those makes any sense.

In general, I really enjoy GEH's, so I guess I generally enjoy the work the mods do here as well, but I do feel ramzez could use a little support here...

So, mods: keep on modding, and ramzez: (let it) hang loose and live free!

respectful greetings,
    dapascha
    mzl
    dapascha

---
    "Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it, depends
    on what you put into it." -- TOM LEHRER

My hacks on GE Community...

Default Lighten Up!!!

I would like to add my input to this discussion. It does seem that instead of a well-thought-out response to the suggestion that naturist resorts, nude beaches and the like be included on GEH, the moderators responded with a closed-minded, bigoted, knee-jerk reaction. The poster wasn't asking for the portrayal of nudity. He wasn't asking that anything inappropriate be displayed. He was merely asking for naturist sites to be identified, so that those interested in the fastest-growing segment of the tourist industry, and the pursuit of wholesome, non-sexual, nude recreation could more easily find those venues where such forms of recreation are available.

If you are concerned about child molestation, sexual perversion, and the like, then you should eliminate boy scout camps, churches, and private homes from the site. These are where the bulk of such activities occur.