Railroad through Green Island discussion
This is a discussion thread for the following file:
Railroad through Green Island
The Ford Motor Company was Green Island's (upstate New York) largest employer from 1923, when Henry Ford opened a plant in Green Island, until 1988, when the plant closed.
While rail service to this plant was furnished by the Delaware & Hudson Railroad, there was a connection to the Troy & Schenectady branch of the New York Central Railroad.
This is a pictorial "trip" from the T&S junction to the plant.