Thread: NY City Marathon course?

Question NY City Marathon course?

I'm enjoying following the Tour de France and looking at the course via Google Earth. Right now I'm looking for a Google Earth tour of the New York City Marathon route. Has anyone produced one yet? I've done several searches and have come up empty. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by nancytoby
    I'm enjoying following the Tour de France and looking at the course via Google Earth. Right now I'm looking for a Google Earth tour of the New York City Marathon route. Has anyone produced one yet? I've done several searches and have come up empty. Thanks in advance!
    Wow, that'd be pretty cool. I'll be sure to post it if I find anything.

I found a course map online and went ahead and did it. Here you go!

The course map I found was rather vague on the exact locations of the start and finish lines, so those might be a bit off. It's accurate for the most part, though.

I can see us developing a whole section like this for runners. The only hard part is that you need Google Earth Plus to be able to lay down lines like that. Of course, $20 a year is a great price and might be worth it for some of you.

Default Thanks!

Wow, thanks so much for setting that up, Mickey! I'm a happy GoogleEarther today. I appreciate it, and I may appreciate it even more when I'm running that course next November!