Thread: Metropolises of the World discussion

Default Metropolises of the World discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Metropolises of the World

All metropolises of the world.

A metropolis is a major city, in most cases with a population of at least one million inside its urban area, or at least, over half million inhabitants in the city proper. It must be regarded as a <b>significant economical, political and cultural center for some country or region, and is usually an important hub for international connections and communications.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis

You've made a mistake in Canada. You put Winnipeg over Quebec City. In terms of population its about the same but in terms of cultural and political influence its a lot superior than Winnipeg.

Quebec City is the capital of the province of Québec, the only french territory in North America. It was the first city found in NA in 1608 ( 400 years in 2 years!!!). It is the capital of a province who wants to separate from Canada ( Vive le Québec libre!!! ) so now the federal government is really smart with the Québécois so it has a really big political influence.

I can say more but its no big deal enough.

Good job in general!

My source is Wikipedia - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis#The_Americas

Note: Some of the examples shown here must be considered as a metropolis due to its role as a major center for a large metropolitan area which could include several satellite cities and towns in its vicinities, and not just for the main city itself.

so wikipedia has wrong information.

Quote Originally Posted by stefankarakashev
    Note: Some of the examples shown here must be considered as a metropolis due to its role as a major center for a large metropolitan area which could include several satellite cities and towns in its vicinities, and not just for the main city itself.
    thats what i mean. trust me im canadian and winnipeg is....... just not important LOL!!!

What I can say is that Winnipeg is more famous than Edmonton and Calgary, at least in Bulgaria.

Quote Originally Posted by koiv870
    You've made a mistake in Canada. You put Winnipeg over Quebec City. In terms of population its about the same but in terms of cultural and political influence its a lot superior than Winnipeg.

Quebec City is the capital of the province of Québec, the only french territory in North America. It was the first city found in NA in 1608 ( 400 years in 2 years!!!). It is the capital of a province who wants to separate from Canada ( Vive le Québec libre!!! ) so now the federal government is really smart with the Québécois so it has a really big political influence.

I can say more but its no big deal enough.

Good job in general!
    Quebec isn't a French territory. It is a province of Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Acman3192
    Quebec isn't a French territory. It is a province of Canada.
    i know that i live in Québec. what i meant is that it was a french-speaking territory (an area) and not a territory belonging to France.

Quote Originally Posted by stefankarakashev
    What I can say is that Winnipeg is more famous than Edmonton and Calgary, at least in Bulgaria.
    And why is Winnipeg popular in Bulgaria???? I don't get it LOL