Thread: 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin Killed

Hybrid View

Default 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin Killed

Australian naturalist and television personality Steve Irwin has been killed by a stingray during a diving expedition off the Australian coast.

Mr Irwin, 44, died after being struck in the chest by the stingray's barb while he was filming a documentary in Queensland's Great Barrier Reef.

Paramedics from Cairns rushed to the scene but were unable to save him.

Mr Irwin was known for his television show The Crocodile Hunter and his work with native Australian wildlife.

Police in Queensland confirmed the environmentalist's death and said his family had been notified. Mr Irwin was married with two young children.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5311298.stm

--------

I was so sad when I heard the news. His programmes were a joy to watch. May he rest in peace.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yea, it's too bad. I feel bad for his family, especially is two very young children. He was a great entertainer for television and a great help to the animals of the world. He taught millions of us about our world's wildlife, and we could all learn something from Steve Irwin about how we should treat our world's creatures, especially those in great danger.

Default Steve

At least he died doing what he loved. Beats a car accident or cancer. He entertained millions, and was a great showman.
    No longer "Laid back at the lake."

A great man indeed, he will long be remembered, as a pioneer in wildlife research and educating the World's youth. My heart and prayers go out to him and his family. I for one, remember just two years ago in middle school, we watched several of his videos, he will be remembered for his courage, and passion for excellence.

May he rest in peace, and God bless his soul.
    Remember what movie these are from? I bet you don't!
    "You do well in school?"---"Yeah"---"Good, so did I, that's what they call a paradox"

"How's your mother?"---"Oh... I'm afraid she's on her way out."---"We all are. Act accordingly."

Default Steve Irwin

Yeah it's sad but to be expected when we examine his lifestyle.
    He was an accident waiting to happen, he took too many risks and I believe he was irresponsible in doing the crazy things that he did.
    That footage of him holding his baby while feeding a huge crocodile made me realise what a nutter he was.
    He thought he was invincible but no matter how much we think we know about anything there are always many factors that we cannot control.
    He didn't realise this and in the end it killed him.
    How many youngsters will put themselves at risk or worse, end up bitten by a snake or eaten by a huge croc as a result of his example?
    The media over here (Australia) has gone totally insane with the excessive attention that they're given his death.
    Sure he was a nice guy and was entertaining but the attention he's getting is way out of proportion to his true importance as a member of our community.
    It's a media Circus and I'm getting a bit tired of it all.
    We ignore the truly important members of our society, the truly brilliant scientists, doctors, media analysts, researchers etc,.. the ones who really make a difference without being paid massive amounts.
    Yet we carry on in such a disproportionate way for a clown like Steve Irwin.
    His wife is cashing in on his death with interviews on the big paying media current affairs shows where she pours out the crocodile tears (sorry, couldn't resist it) while his body is still warm. Not a good look, she should be ashamed.
    I guess his death is tinged with the same lack of dignity that his life was.
    Last edited by Flix; 10-01-2006 at 12:06 AM.

It was a huge shock for us here in Australia. He will be missed by many

Quote Originally Posted by Flix
    Yeah it's sad but to be expected when we examine his lifestyle.
    He was an accident waiting to happen, he took too many risks and I believe he was irresponsible in doing the crazy things that he did.
    That footage of him holding his baby while feeding a huge crocodile made me realise what a nutter he was.
    He thought he was invincible but no matter how much we think we know about anything there are always many factors that we cannot control.
    He didn't realise this and in the end it killed him.
    How many youngsters will put themselves at risk or worse, end up bitten by a snake or eaten by a huge croc as a result of his example?
    The media over here (Australia) has gone totally insane with the excessive attention that they're given his death.
    Sure he was a nice guy and was entertaining but the attention he's getting is way out of proportion to his true importance as a member of our community.
    It's a media Circus and I'm getting a bit tired of it all.
    We ignore the truly important members of our society, the truly brilliant scientists, doctors, media analysts, researchers etc,.. the ones who really make a difference without being paid massive amounts.
    Yet we carry on in such a disproportionate way for a clown like Steve Irwin.
    His wife is cashing in on his death with interviews on the big paying media current affairs shows where she pours out the crocodile tears (sorry, couldn't resist it) while his body is still warm. Not a good look, she should be ashamed.
    I guess his death is tinged with the same lack of dignity that his life was.
    No offense, but you're way off with your misinformation there.