Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge data update in Google Earth

Cool things:
    1. dead horses
    2. a smart car (black and orange)
    3. a mini cooper with a british flag on top
    4. a motorcycler and car playing chicken..
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Portland, Oregon-Vancouver, Washington (and Clark County) update. Previous images were four years old.
    -Zinc

My hometown (Neuss, Germany) was pretty up to date, now after release of GE 0.4 and some pic updates the pics are about 2-4 years old. Weird!

Quote Originally Posted by zinc
    Portland, Oregon-Vancouver, Washington (and Clark County) update. Previous images were four years old.
    -Zinc

Also southern Oregon. Cave Junction area is now Hi-Res (Josephine County)
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.

moin moin,

Cuenca, Ecuador is still in low resolution
    Moscow, Russia is still with old pictures: Hotel Moskva is still standing...

Also Republic of mountain Karabakh, and region of Slask in Poland, 2 cm away from my home . maybe next time

I like the new 3d buildings in japan and the new layers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    o-=-IlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllI-=-o
    this is nudelholz. copy nudelholz in your signature to make better kuchens and other teigprodukte.

Default France an Canada ?

I'm french, i live in canada -montréal- i know the France is stupid country because the governement prefere keep all data for her... but montréal, you have update one time and in winter, we see just snow

When can you update more for this city ?

Sorry for my really bad english....

Quote Originally Posted by Acman3192
    You also forgot to mention that there updates in New York State too. I live in Western New York State and my hometown has been updated as long as the surrounding cities and towns.
    But not for Lyons, NY where I went to school although neighboring Newark and Geneva are HiD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    A huge update for Google Earth was pushed out last night, which gives high-res images to a variety of new places.

In the United States: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas all have seen some updates.
    Has anyone noticed this that seems to have coincided with the update, and might be due to the much larger amount of data that has to be downloaded to update the image on your screen when you navigate, but navigating whether with the compass or dragging has become very sluggish, at least in some areas.

I've been spending some time looking around the area of the Edwards AFB in California and navigation is really sluggish and jerky.

My first paranoic thought was that "they" were vetting every pixel to make sure I didn't see anything I should not But when I check Performance in the Task Manager my 1GB of RAM is maxed out and it must be using the hard drive as well. (I'll have to up the RAM before going to VISTA )

Have a look at these two locations Edwards AFB and Inthemiddleof nowhere-ville.kmz (the latter does have a name, I found out afterwards from the friend whose visit to Edwards AFB led me to GE it, "Silver Saddle. It's a resort community in the middle of the desert."

If you look NW of the long main runway at Edwards AFB it's interesting to see the runways on the dried lake bed.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh that's interesting -- navigation is back to normal. Perhaps it was during the updating?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another interesting one: China Lake Nwc. Do a Google on it or have a look at http://www.nawcwpns.navy.mil/clmf/hist.html and then if you turn on the earthquake markers in Layers / Geographic features perhaps guess why the earthquakes show up in such a geometric array
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Go Google Earth!

Renditions look awesome!
    I say "yes" to you my friend.

They've reverted to older imagery of Chicago, which is actually kinda sorta okay by me. The last update was lousy...most of the loop was hidden by the shadows of the buildings, all you could see clearly were rooftops. It was at least an update though...Millennium Park was done, and now it's back to being built.

Looks like the suburbs aren't any newer, but at least they're not any older.
    George Bush is a Twinkie

Default Munich is HighRes

As far as I can see, MUNICH got also a better resolution - have a look at the new Allianz-Arena!!!

This part in the south of the US, especially the stripe east of Houston,
    seems to be new in highres now, but I'm not sure about that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    o-=-IlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllI-=-o
    this is nudelholz. copy nudelholz in your signature to make better kuchens and other teigprodukte.

Default How to Increase GE cache size (2GB+)?

I have already reached 2GB of disk size in Google Earth. Can I increase it above 2GB, e.g. 3GB or even 10GB?