Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Huge data update in Google Earth

Did you guys noticed the change in color for that day/night feature in GE. When you turn it on zoom out and look space between dark and light. Its kinda orange. And then when you zoom in on that orange space it becomes dark.

Quote Originally Posted by sladys View Post
    Naval Observatory is unblurred too.
    ah .. yes, I commented on that first, in the comment before the DC area as it was the first thing I'd run across.

Something else that's curious, though, is that the Capitol Building, where Congress meets, is still the old 2002 imagery. It hit me when I realized there was still construction on the east side of it.

I'm guessing the building was censored in the new aerial imagery and Google didn't want to lose the spiffy aerial imagery they have and go down to satellite images like they had to do with the Naval Observatory. Thus their only option was to leave in the older aerial image.

Super Moderator

Default New huge update in GE

Sweden: Major update

Switzerland: Basel, Geneva, Lausanne, Luzern, Lugano

United States: New broad coverage of high resolution for states which still had low resolution imagery: Arizona, Mississippi, Kentucky, Virginia, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, Tennessee, Maine, New York, and western Pennsylvania. (Thanks to Andreas for these) Also, New York City, NY.

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archi...ate_for_g.html

Super Moderator

Default Yet another huge update

Scotland - Large percentage covered now.

Brazil - Porto Alegre.

USA - State College, Pennsylvania; Watauga Lake, TN; Savoy and Champagne-Urbana, IL; Newport News and Norfolk, VA. Easter Washington - Palouse, WA. Parts of South Dakota including Hill City.

England - Southwest part. Isles of Scilly and the Orkney Isles are back. Also, I've found several areas all over England with updated imagery.

Norway - Oslo.

Spain - Rota and Cadiz.

France - A "lot" of areas including départements: Yonne, Rhône, Saône et Loire, Haute Savoie, Aube....

French Guinea - Kourou Space Center now high resolution.

Martinique - Entire island high res now.

Paraguay - Areas of western Paraguay now have medium resolution Spot Image imagery.

India - Southern tip of India now has medium resolution Spot Image imagery.

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archi...or_google.html

Super Moderator

Default Another new GE update

Saudi Arabia - Makkah

Afghanistan - large areas with medium resolution Spot Image

France - Department of Gard, Normandy (Omaha Beach). Departments of Nord and Pas-de-Calais. Oise, Nièvre, Puy-de-Dôme, Finistère, Côtes-d'Armor Côte-d'Or, Gers, Dordogne, Lot, Corrèze, Creuse, Cher, Loir-et-Cher, Loiret, Orne, Maine-et-Loire, Corse-du-Sud, Haute-Corse, Haute-Loire

India - Akola, Maharashta, Sirur, Chinchosi, Kon Goan, Utran, and other areas in the northwest.

USA - New colorization; Tampa, Florida

Egypt - Gaza Pyramids. Also, western half of Egypt has medium resolution Spot Image.

Canada - Surrey, BC, Québec / Bas-Saint-Laurent: Saint-Fabien and Mont-Joli and in Gaspésie: Métis-sur-Mer, Sainte-Flavie.

Thailand - Prachuap Khiri Khan province, along the boundary to Myanmar. Chiang Khong.

China - Hong Kong, Kowloon, Fuzhou.

Japan - Mount Fuji.

Iran - Spot Image

Pakistan - Spot Image

Austria - Vienna

Italy - Venice, Pisa

Luxembourg - Southwestern part

Spain - Northern part around Costa Brava

Cambodia - Kampot & Kep

Tajikistan - Eastern half

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archi...ll_good_n.html

new 100% Layer from Digital Globe
    United Arab Emirates
    Jemen
    Oman
    Iraq
    Iran
    Afghanistan
    Pakistan
    Visit me at http://www.high-iso.de.
    Photography, astronomy and pictures of satellites.

New Parts of Sri Lanka (Kataragama)

Super Moderator

Oman - Medium resolution Spot Image.

Yemen - Medium resolution Spot Image.

Guadaloupe - Not sure if this is new this month, but Isle des Saintes in Guadaloupe now has 3D terrain (previously the islands were flat).

Romania - Constanţa

Sri Lanka - Kataragama Peak

France - Largentiere (Ardeche), Departments of Aisne, Ardennes, Eure, Eure-et-Loire, Lot-et-Garonne, Ariege, Haute-Garonne, Ardeche, Alpes-Maritime, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Ain, Rhone, Allier, Doubs.

Bulgaria - Entire country - Medium resolution Spot Image

Greece - "Lots of areas" have new high res - confirmed in Larissa, Kythira, Kamari

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archi..._july_200.html

Default True questions

Hi,
    Is there rules about updating GE after some years old : i.e Frankfurt Main airport hasn't been updated since 03.28.2002 !!!
    I think G.E isn't enough rigorous and organized with updating : for example U.S States every year, France ( coz Geoportail competition ) and Europe every two years etc...
    Why is it impossible to leave feedback when using an upload .kmz to help the member who leave it...
    Thanks for answering
    mrs1944

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mrs1944 View Post
    Hi,
    Is there rules about updating GE after some years old : i.e Frankfurt Main airport hasn't been updated since 03.28.2002 !!!
    I think G.E isn't enough rigorous and organized with updating : for example U.S States every year, France ( coz Geoportail competition ) and Europe every two years etc...
    Why is it impossible to leave feedback when using an upload .kmz to help the member who leave it...
    Thanks for answering
    mrs1944
    Sorry for the waiting.

Google recieves the map data from various providers. It's then up to Google to update them into GE when they recieve them.

Sometimes you can experience that Google has inserted an older map than the current one. You can use the Timeslider feature in GE to see it, It's the cloock you see in the upper bar, to see the changes in GE from low resolution to high resolution. And sometimes back again.

Here you can read more:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Earth

Quote Originally Posted by mrs1944 View Post
    You can. On the file's download page, under the description, there is an area called "Comments". If nobody has started a thread, you will see a button that allows you to start a new thread. If there's been a thread started then there will be a link to that thread.

Updates in Brazil: now, when you zoom in, you get names of city boroughs too.

Update in Europe. Balkan Peninsula got image color change, no more "zebra" looking land, they made it all green. Im not sure but i think the rest of Europe is colorized to. I thing Spain had that weird grayish color in Catalonia and now it all looks like one image. Its good i guess ... higher res images would be better. O well...

And you can kinda see those stripes on Balkan with time slider. Serbia, region of Vojvodina was really funny looking

---
    "Winter/Summer time" file http://www.gearthhacks.com/dlfile291...ummer-time.htm looks bad now but you can always time slide it
    Last edited by barakuda; 08-02-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Super Moderator

China - Beijing (very new GeoEye - dated June 29, 2009).

USA - Niagara Falls (high res restored); Miami, FL; Lots of areas in Florida; Pascagoula, MS.

Africa - These countries have new medium resolution 2.5m/pixel Spot Image: Western Sahara, Mauritania, Senegal and The Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Most of Niger, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Madagascar, Angola.

Bahamas - The blue green waters of the Bahamas are back!.

Italy - Cadenabbia, Lombardy, Menaggio, Bellagio, Varenna; Amalfi Coast.

Balkan Peninsula - colorization changes, possibly more of Europe as well has new colorization.

Thailand - this country also was treated with new 2.5m Spot Image imagery in areas not already with high resolution.

Spain - Costa del Sol Marbella; Catalonia re-colorized.

Gibraltar

Oman - Muscat.

Finland - Tampere, Rovaniemi, parts of northern finland

Ireland - Cork; Dublin.

Belgium - Apparently new high res for the entire country.

South Korea - Ulsan and Busan. Also re-colorization? ; Cheju Island.

Europe - many countries are "re-colorized" according to GEB commenters below.

Vietnam - North and southern parts.

Mexico - Re-colorization for this country, one report of bad green colors (even clouds).

Cambodia - Also has large areas with 2.5m Spot Image.

Australia - Perth.

Poland - Warsaw area.

Brazil - Curitiba, Pinhais - high res.

Ukraine - Makeevka, Donetsk, Kharkiv, Simferopol. Other areas in "dark" colors.

Argentina - Chaco Province: Taco Pozo, Presidencia de la Plaza, Charadai, Capitán Solari; Córdoba Province: Río Segundo, Pilar.

Turkey - between Manavgat and Antalya (but has clouds).

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archi..._for_goog.html