Thread: Solarposition discussion

Default Solarposition discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Solarposition

A network link that calculates and displays the suns current position as a placemark.

Default Solar Synch

The timing seems to be unsynchronised, for Australia. It shows Australia as being in the dark (not political comments please) at 7pm Aus time when it is still daytime in Western Australia. Ok you're dying to say it so I'll say it, it's because we're kept in the dark by our government.

still a nice gimmick
    -Steeefan

Quote Originally Posted by hank1603
    The timing seems to be unsynchronised, for Australia. It shows Australia as being in the dark (not political comments please) at 7pm Aus time when it is still daytime in Western Australia. Ok you're dying to say it so I'll say it, it's because we're kept in the dark by our government.
    Hmm,
    When you say in the dark what do you mean?
    The position marked is simply the point where the sun is directly overhead, the actual areas where it is daylight will be a upto 90 degrees in each direction (in practice it will be a fair bit less than this).

Would you check this site http://www.gcstudio.com/cgi-bin/sunmap at 7pm and verify that The spot on the map is the same spot as the placemark, the map (which has nothing to do with me) also shows the day/night terminator which shows you when it is chaning from day to night.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by Steeefan
    still a nice gimmick
    Cheers!

I really loved this module... however it has quite working and gives a phase error at line 3

Doesn't work.

Unhappy Solar position not working

I just downloaded Version 4 and the solar position file (kmz). Gave me an error message. Error message when I changed kmz to kml. But it still doesnt seem to work. Could this be a Macintosh problem? (thats what Im using).
    -Ihor

It really doesn't work (on XP too). The network link is broken.
    o-=-IlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllI-=-o
    this is nudelholz. copy nudelholz in your signature to make better kuchens and other teigprodukte.