Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lot's of strange things in Nevada desert

Default Lot's of strange things in Nevada desert

Spend a couple of hours looking closely at the Nevada desert and found a whole bunch of strange things there. Now I know area 51 is close to al these things but not next door. There also appear to be a lot of nuclear testing in this particular desert, mainly underground. So some of these things might be connected to these testings somehow?
    Please note:
    - all these strange sightings appear to be connected by dirt roads
    - they seem to concentrate arround unknown bases?
    Anyone that can shed some light on these things would be nice!

I will spread the KMZ's over a couple of posts since it will only let me post 5 at once. Things like circles or crosshairs are added several times, but they are in different locations.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's another bunch:

And some more:
    (note: the group of figurs -> zoom in on the bottom circle and you will see KMZ hazmat)

And even more strange sightings:

And the last one is a triangular radar-wave shape drawn in the sand. You need to zoom quit a bit to see it, but it also connects some circles from earlier.

Default A mouthful

This looks a lot to me like an abandoned nuke/H-bomb testing facility. If you zoom in on the "Hazmat" kmz, you'll find a drawing of missile and a line going down the center; forming Blastdoors. I have no idea what the Pentagram thingy is supposed to be, but the "Drawings" and the "Crosshair" kmz's are clearly disintergrated buildings and roads. The "Stonehenge look-a-like" is a building too, you just need to notice that the surrounding rocks were probably pillars...

Wow that's a lot of typing...
    Hi, I'm Ravenfeather, and I approve of this assumption.

Some phrases should never end in "Sort of", phrases like "I love you" and "You're going to live..."

Thx Raven.
    I highly doubt it is abandonned since the "secret" airport (large E shape) has a couple of planes on it (but no buildings what so ever...) and several bases in the area also have airplanes and cars parked there.
    I also don't see how a crosshair is a disintegrated road, it looks more like a target to shoot missiles at?

It was only a theory...
    But, I didn't notice the cars. I'll have to look more closely next time...
    Hi, I'm Ravenfeather, and I approve of this assumption.

Some phrases should never end in "Sort of", phrases like "I love you" and "You're going to live..."

Maybe bomb testing, not quite nuclear bomb testing as that could make a lot of damage. the circles look to be targets, maybe to see how big the bomb is, or maybe for planes to drop bombs onto. What ever it is i rekon it would have to be military testing of some sort

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_NL
    And even more strange sightings:

People may find it interesting to look at Google Maps in Map / Satellite / Hybrid views of this area. I got onto this by looking for information about a small clearly partly abandoned partly still in use airport just outside Tonopah NV

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Tonopah,+NV

The terrain looks quite different. You can see from the map view, a gray area that I imagine is the area of whatever base was there.

http://www.tonopahnevada.com/ has inforamtion aabout the area; click on the link to the Airport -- it's interesting.

Chuck Yeager trained there and it was the home of the first operational fleet of Stealth bombers -- hence the very large concrete areas where buildings have been demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by huwyngr
    People may find it interesting to look at Google Maps in Map / Satellite / Hybrid views of this area. I got onto this by looking for information about a small clearly partly abandoned partly still in use airport just outside Tonopah NV

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Tonopah,+NV

The terrain looks quite different. You can see from the map view, a gray area that I imagine is the area of whatever base was there.

http://www.tonopahnevada.com/ has inforamtion aabout the area; click on the link to the Airport -- it's interesting.

Chuck Yeager trained there and it was the home of the first operational fleet of Stealth bombers -- hence the very large concrete areas where buildings have been demolished.
    http://www.nv.doe.gov/nts/default.htm

Question I found a colorful bullseye

When I was looking around to the east of that area I found a colorful bullseye. It's very pretty. Any info about this would be so incredibly welcome. This is my first post.

to clear up some confusion, many of the circles you see are indentations into the ground... not from above ground explosions, but from underground detonations...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada_Test_Site

has some more good information...

Some comments to add:
    The 'hazmat' file is not a nuclear bomb testing site. At best it is a conventional bombing site used to test penetration of dropped weapons against various surfaces. (and I doubt that, but there are some pock-marks on it)

The 'secret airport placemark is a conventional bombing target area. They will set up vehicles and other sorts of targets. Although not every round mark can be called a crater, you can clearly see there are a lot of craters in the area. Tonopah, as has been noted already, is a test range after all. Spotting targets is not a difficult thing.

Finally, if you want to see craters made by nuclear testing, download the file I'm including. Once you are there, consider turning on your layers as the GEC has heavily placemarked the various craters with LOTS of very interesting information.

Patrick,

In your "secret airport" location I found something interesting.

It's a little far-fetched and ridiculous, but it's fun to take a look. If you look at the most eastern landing-strip of the secret airport, scroll south to the end of the runway, you'll find an object the somewhat resembles a UFO styled from 50s sci-fi movies.
    Looks like it just crashed into the end of the runway.