Thread: Major League Baseball - World Series Winners 1903 - 2005 discussion

Default Major League Baseball - World Series Winners 1903 - 2005 discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Major League Baseball - World Series Winners 1903 - 2005

This set of placemarks shows the Major League Baseball World Series Champions from 1903 to 2005. Each year's winner is identified by a team-logo icon placed in the team's current stadium. The placemark information includes the games won by each of the two contestants and beginning in 1955, the Series' MVP along with the team's primary logo.

Some teams such as the Dodgers have moved to other cities since their World Series' victories. In these cases, the championship marker stays with the city where it was won and is at the current team's stadium or at the original location of the stadium where the championship team played. (Several ballparks where World Series were played no longer exist: among them are Shibe Park in Philadelphia (later re-named for Connie Mack), Ebbet's Field in Brooklyn, Huntington Avenue Baseball Grounds In Boston and the Polo Grounds in New York.)

Please note that no World Series was played in 1994, because of the cancellation of the season as a result of the players' strike. In addition, no World Series was held in 1904.

Super Moderator

World Series??? Only americans can so odd in their sport calling the winner for world champion. OK, There are some canadian teams too, but........
    The same in american football.

Sladys, Just because they call it World Series you shouldn't start saying bad things about it, Think of all the Work that went into the file.
    Check out the Only Google Earth Wiki on the internet.

Google Earth Wiki

Have a look at my EarthSwoop Collections

Super Moderator

It's a great file she has made. It's only the "World Series" i commented. It's only us europeans who make fun about americans calling their pro leagues as World league and the winner is called World Champion. That's funny for us europeans. We could never have that in mind.

So sorry if I offended her. It wasn't my intentions.

We call our proleagues "World Champions" because if you matched up the Thunder or Galaxaie up to the Steelers(2006 World Champs), the Steelers would flat out own the European teams. The Pistons against some basketball team over in Europe, or the Tigers against a baseball team. Only one that is not true is hockey, I'm sure the Swedes or Finnish people's teams could defeat the Red Wings
    Remember what movie these are from? I bet you don't!
    "You do well in school?"---"Yeah"---"Good, so did I, that's what they call a paradox"

"How's your mother?"---"Oh... I'm afraid she's on her way out."---"We all are. Act accordingly."

I was wondering if an update will be made after this year's World Series is over?
    After all, my Tigers are gonna win it
    Remember what movie these are from? I bet you don't!
    "You do well in school?"---"Yeah"---"Good, so did I, that's what they call a paradox"

"How's your mother?"---"Oh... I'm afraid she's on her way out."---"We all are. Act accordingly."