Thread: Newest release of GE4 beta today

Default Newest release of GE4 beta today

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archi...rth_4_b_1.html

New Google Earth 4 beta - 16-December-2006
    Google has just released the latest beta for Google Earth 4 today (December 16th). The Windows version is 4.0.2693, Mac is 4.0.2694. Here are the release notes posted by 'ink_polaroid' at the GEC. Note: there are some great improvements in here. Also, the new touring feature mentioned is really cool. It will automatically pop up placemark description bubbles as you tour through each placemark. This gives you an almost script-like presentation capability.

Release notes:
    Progress indicator for loading network links and models
    Real-time GPS tracking using NMEA (Plus, Pro and EC)
    Greatly improved performance for collada models (textured buildings)
    Tours can display balloons (Tools->Options... then "Touring" tab)
    Driving directions and touring allow a greater range for typed values
    Mac movie-maker supports many more compression formats
    KML notes:

Icon palettes are deprecated (no more root:// for the styles)
    Improved performance on network link hierarchies
    Major fixes since last beta:

Improved compatibility on shared memory architecture ATI graphics cards with older graphics card drivers
    Improved success rate of log in over unreliable connections
    Fixed offline mode in Pro
    Numerous GPS fixes (including GPX import)
    The bug which affected the Blue Marble Add-on has been fixed. I will be posting a new version which won't require the little hack I had developed to fix the bug.
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.

Arrow

I think they updated the imagery database too.

The imagery DB has definitely been updated recently... Malta is now crystal clear.

Default Imagery update notes

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archi...pdate_for.html

New Imagery Update for the Holidays - Awesome!
    Google not only updated the Google Earth 4 beta this weekend, but just today released a huge imagery update. And guess what? Google Earth Blog now has its own aerial photos included within Google Earth. You'll find a couple of aerial photos I took during the X PRIZE Cup in October at the Las Cruces, New Mexico airport (read about the photo here). And also a couple of practice photos I took of the Sanford Lee County airport in North Carolina (see here ). Even the copyright message says "Google Earth Blog". Pretty neat!

In addition, Google added a 3 meter resolution terrain mesh for Mount Saint Helens (much higher than what you normally find - you should use the "Tools->Options->Terrain Quality" setting to adjust the quality).

Here's the announcement at the GEC about the imagery update:

Digital Globe updates all over the globe with the most notable being large content additions in Somalia and Australia
    Updated US states: Indiana and Delaware
    Miscellaneous high res cities and counties in North America: Monterey Bay, CA; Yakima County, WA; Summerland, Canada; Greater East Wenatchee, WA; Polk County, IA; Warren County IA; and Bay County, FL
    Small high-res updates in the UK (Swansea, Edinburgh, Doncaster, Gwent) and expanded London coverage
    High-res update in Bremerhaven, Germany.
    Newer imagery for Lanzarote (Canary Islands)
    Google Earth Blog-supplied XPrizeCup flyover and the Sanford, NC airport
    Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
    Foo Camp @ O'Reilly Headquarters in Sebastapol, CA
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.