Thread: Current News:google Earth Makes Troups Furious

Default Current News:google Earth Makes Troups Furious

After Google Earth being realesed thr troups in Iraq and other countries feel exposed like sitting ducks. With there camps shown from a birds I view in Google Earth it shows where the troups are and where their planes and storage is located. Leaving the troups sitting ducks to enemies who have access to the Google Earth database. The U.S. Marine Corp. is trying to have something done to the Google Earth program so their bases are kept confidential. This was on the news just a few days ago. Just posted this so MODs could possibly remove all files from the files area related to U.S. Bases or any army bases of the U.S. Marine Corp. or of any other bases in Iraq. I'm posting this so Google Earth Hacks doesn't possibly get introuble for their older "bases" files and other Marine Corp. related files. Thanks,Hypeserver
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Who are the enemies?
    All the pics were in the net before GE has been published. Keyhole and MS Terraserver aren't pretty new. Google has made a simple and awesome tool, available for free, easy to use. Millions of downloads and a big community is the result.
    Are the enemies states like North Korea or Syria? They have their own intelligence and I guess better datas then available at GE.
    Are the enemies the terrorists? Hmmm, discussable, but I don't think their activities aren't infected by GE.

I guess, after reading this, Mickey is still pretty relaxed...

Default *sigh*

I'm just posting what I heard on the news. Yes,I knew the images where on the net and I also new GE and Keyhole aren't new. I'm just saying the Military is going after GE for some reason. Yes, the enemies would be considered the terrorists. Please don't go after me for saying this isn't stupid. I only posted what I saw and heard on the news.
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by hypeserver
    The U.S. Marine Corp. is trying to have something done to the Google Earth program so their bases are kept confidential. This was on the news just a few days ago.
    Hmmm - I just searched Google news for "google earth" marines and the response was "Your search did not match any documents"

I searched other phrases also - "Google Earth" + Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard - not a single hit in reference to our military being concerned about GEarth.

Granted, a Google News search for "Google Earth"+Military does bring a number of hits, all based out of Australia over concerns of the nuclear reactor there.

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

I've just discussed the news, not your person. Misunderstanding.

Default yet again another sigh......

dear appletom,
    I did NOT find this information on the web and it is fairly new. I saw it on the news channel back home where I live in Chicago,IL. I don't rely on the web for everything I find out. Please don't say what I posted isn't true when you didn't find something. Just because you didn't find something doesn't mean it isn't true. Thanks again,Hypeserver

hypeserver - Thanks for posting that information. I'd love to see an online article about this, but I believe you.

That being said, I'm not concerned about this affecting us. If Google wants to start blocking content on the globe, that's up to them. Even if we had a link directly to a base, our fuzzy little thumbnails aren't going to help anyone until they pull it up for themselves on Google Earth.

Default hey

excellent point mickey I have a few files waiting in the files area that have been waiting for two days so far will they be approved or no?

Well, if "Google says the images are roughly under 3 years old which means in the late 2 year old range", why such a concern about National Security issues? I don't think those images are a threat to anyone or any country. No one can bomb a militar base unless it is mobile. But I think Osama's being luckier because he's always movin' from place to place so he can never get caught! Poor North american militaries...

Default NBC Today show picked this up yesterday

Typically hysterical, probably a slow news day.

Let's be honest, while this is not the only way, or probably even the best way, to get base location information, it's very convenient. Nevertheless I think a lot of it is media hype.

Network TV News sucks.
    :-?

Default my god!

ok i saw it on the news actually my mom saw it and told me about it and I thought it was a load of bullcrap like the rest of you did......

Just the network news in panic again over nothing.

Default hey

thank you donut we got idiots on the news again......like always.....

Default From the home site...

Common questions about Google Earth

1. When were these pictures taken? How often are they updated?
    Our images are photographs taken by satellites and aircraft sometime in the last three years.

Troops are actually worried about their location 3 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by D@veLuke
    But I think Osama's being luckier because he's always movin' from place to place so he can never get caught! Poor North american militaries...
    Mapmap over at Keyhole seems to have found him HERE