Thread: Nukes

Introducing.... nukes!

Someone at work today suggested that they might be a neat addition, so there you go. The details:

- They cost 25 jewels.
    - They will destroy all of the armies in a city, up to a max of 10.
    - If the city had 10 or fewer armies in it and this kills them all, the city will become unoccupied. You should have an army ready to take over the city right after you nuke it.

Thoughts?

Default time is working for the army?

hello, i think something like time should be a fact, the population loves or hates the army. on this, why don't take jewel-taxes for the secure service, where the player can set it from 0 to 20% let's say?

Quote Originally Posted by docc
    i think something like time should be a fact, the population loves or hates the army.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this... ?

on this, why don't take jewel-taxes for the secure service, where the player can set it from 0 to 20% let's say?
    Ok. What would the user gain by having taxes taken out for this?

Default why taxes in GEHwar?

i think taxes would be something as bonus if you try to occupy a larger city.
    one step ahead: why not marking mines or something heavy-industrial as gimmicks the user could use to make a better army? jewel mines for buying armies, atomic power plants for making plutonium and nukes, airbases for air strikes, the real life offers so much in googleearth
    but i think these ideas should go to a seperate thread

Using nukes would reduce the value of a city, I'd think. It's one thing to go in and attack armies. That implies just war doctrine in full play. But nuking a city, while being effective against 10 armies, would also be indiscriminate, killing much of the population where concentrated, as well.