Thread: Introducing GEHwar!

Default Introducing GEHwar!

We are pleased to annouce the beta release of GEHwar, the first online war game that uses Google Earth as it's platform.

The gameplay itself is largely text-based and it's quite simple - build armies, take over cities, etc. However, there are a few KML tricks that make this game very unique.

The first is our "city display KML", which is available for anyone to download (here). This shows the status of the game as it currently exists. The cities in the game are all represented by a large polygon. The polygon is colored to match the user that is currently in control of the city. The footprint (width and length) of the polygon is sized to show how large the city is. The height of the polygon reflects how many armies are currently occupying the city.

The second KML file is only available to users of the game. This file is generated dynamically for each user, and allows them to browse around on the map and collect "jewels" that can be used to purchase additional armies and other fun stuff.

We are opening up the registration of the game to just 25 more people for right now. We'll add more users as the bugs get worked out of the system.

To start your GEHwar account, read this post and then follow the directions. If you have any questions or problems, please use the new GEHwar forum.

The game is by no means revolutionary in and of itself, but you might have some fun playing it. However, some of the techniques used in the creation of the game might be of great value down the road.

Enjoy!

Mickey

Default Please don't play war with the real world.

Please don't play war with the real world.

Default hey

hey war is cool in video games actually war makes the best video games, but if it involves Iraq or the U.S. Marines in Baghdad count me out.........
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment

I don't like this game. Please stop the horrible thing!

Michael

Yes, dont do sutch things with this great world.

Give me a break. It's a game people. I for one enjoy it. Keep up the good work.

Thankyou for the positive comments, GeoDude I'm really enjoying it as well..

Apparently all the negative nelly's are complaing in here, and all the people who are enjoying it and contributing are posting in the GEwar Subforum

T.