Thread: Only 2500 points can be plotted?

Default Only 2500 points can be plotted?

I read that you can only plot 2500 locations with the $400 version of google earth. I'm a small business owner with a thousand or so more customers than that and I'd like to be able to see the areas where my customers are. Does anyone know if there is a way to override this 2500 limit, or if there are plans to increase this in the future? Thanks!

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question. I'm curious, though - what are the limits in the free and plus versions?

I don't think you can import any with the free one. I believe with plus it's 20?

if you're interested in plotting your customers spatially & have the cash you may want to invest in a true GIS...google earth is cool and all but MapInfo or the ArcGIS business extensions could provide a ridiculous amount of benefit for you

True those are very good services, but wouldn't google earth be a really cool (and much cheaper) alternative?

Google Earth is fine for just plotting the points of your customers' locations; I'm not sure about exceeding the 2500-point limit.

If you're interested in adding data to the points (demographic or economic information, information stored in a database, etc.) and using that to analyze things like shipping routes, where future customers may be, things like that, then a true GIS is the way to go.

I'm no ESRI salesman or anything, I just use GIS everyday and try let people know how amazing they are.

Default I was able to plot more than 4400 points

using the free version.

I created a .kml file from a database of a client's dealers and it loaded 4429 points without a problem. Things got a little crowded on the map, but everything appeared to be there.

It is pretty standard stuff - straight XML. Screenshot attached.

T
    Attached Images Attached Images

When you did that did you have to use long/lat points or were you able to input actual addresses? Thanks!