Thread: Eindhoven censored area discussion

Default Eindhoven censored area discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Eindhoven censored area

Eindhoven (Nederland) censored area. Could it be DAF trucks test site? Please let me know. Thanks

Hi there,
    Isn't there an army airstrip near eindhoven? Budel airport or something? The strip itself is located just southeast to the censored area, I think that the area itself is part of the airfield, maybe hangars or ammo storage or something.
    Cheers

they're aircraft storage, it's a military base and apearently, the trucks don't matter. God forbid someone sees the planes (in the hangers) though....

Hi,

This is the Van Braam Houckgeestkazerne in Oirschot. It's a large base of the Royal Dutch Army, home of the 13th merchanised brigade. You can just see a small part of the firing ranges on the south side of the blurred spot. On the west side, you can see the training ground for armour manoevres and on the east side there is the "Opleidings- en Trainingscentrum Rijden", a driving practice ground for non-tracked vehicles.

You can find the DAF test driving circuit south-east of Sint-Oedenrode and north-east of Breugel (both north of Eindhoven).

You can also use Virtual Earth. They didn't censor the area :P
    But doesn't look very interesting. Just like a normal airport with only one runway.
    So why should anyone be interested in censoring this? Thererby they only attract attention to this site.

The funniest thing is the Bird's-Eye view. The guys from Virtual Earth really flew with and aircraft over the base and made pictures of everything just to make them unrecognizable afterwards.
    Hi!

Default Daf Test site

Hi..

The DAF testsite is located at 51░32'43.58"N 5░32'1.02"E

Talking Question

Your post rocks!

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Yours too, that's why I edited your signature. Too much site-promotion

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine