Thread: Lava flow discussion

Default Lava flow discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Lava flow

A lava flow in Colombia.

I suspect this is really just a forest fire or a burn off. This area is very flat and I do not see a mound or small volcano that this lava is coming from. Though I know it is possible for lava to flow out of just an opening in the ground. If you look around this area you will see more areas like this of blackened and places of orange edges. First of all none of these seem to have a spot where the lava is coming from. For all of these places one of them at least should have a visible point of very bright orange where the lava is coming from. Also if you look at this area and others you can see how the blackened areas seem to skip over small gullies and stream beds. If this was lava that had such a low viscosity that it could run over flat ground. It would have run down and followed the stream bed. A fire though could leap over these low areas.

I agree! So much so..that I've changed the file name..
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22
    I agree! So much so..that I've changed the file name..
    Hi, i'm the poster of this file. Yes this is a forest fire, there are actualy a few more in the area if u zoom out and go south, south-east, and north. I was too fast to label that and upload it. It was my first upload so i was excited and just did it, sorry guys. lol. i'll take closer looks in the furture.