Thread: Strange C-130Takeoff discussion

Default Strange C-130Takeoff discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Strange C-130Takeoff

Its a C-130, but its stretched weird. It might be turning really sharply after takeoff, but thats a very low altitude to start turnign at. The shadow is amazingly clear though.

This one is kind of unexplainable. If you look at the shadows of everything on the ground to the direct south of the C-130, all of the shadows are going to the north and a little bit east. Even if the plane taking off were in a hard bank, that wouldn't mutate the laws of physics and light. That plane isn't where it's supposed to be. Something has been photoshopped here.
    Last edited by christopher.stahl; 04-02-2007 at 07:26 PM.

Why someone would care to put in a C-130 taking off in the first place is beyond me. I never saw the photoshopped aircraft 'formation' in Denmark, but at least they were apparently reasonably well done. Why they'd proceed to do such an awful photoshopping job would really beg the question. *I* could do remarkably better than that.

You can find other examples of this around. It's not a changed image. This is just the sort of distortion that can happen when an aircraft is photographed in a more extreme position such as takeoff and the photography method is aerial photography. Remember the angles are more severe for an aircraft than they are for satellites.

I'll include another example of just such an airplane taking off in the new imagery at BWI.
    Attached Files Attached Files