Thread: Searching and URLs

Default Searching and URLs

I looked through the posted problems, but haven't seen this one. My pardon if I missed it.

Tonight I put up an older placemark of mine. I figured someone else might've posted it already here by now and tried to search. I was frustrated by the fact that the search utility doesn't check to see if I'm logged in already and constantly feeds me the 'non-registered' URL, even after I logged in from the URL it provides. In the end I gave up and posted my file based on the descriptions of the posts I saw, rather than downloading them as well.

It'd definitely be a big help when making sure a new file isn't a duplicate if we could easily download off of those pages while logged in.

I've changed the site search back to the old style, which should work a little better for you. Let me know if it doesn't.

Thanks,
    Mickey

Try this file - zoom into an area and if there is a file in the GEH file library it shows up in GEarth.

http://www.gearthhacks.com/dlfile290...twork-Link.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    I've changed the site search back to the old style, which should work a little better for you. Let me know if it doesn't.

Thanks,
    Mickey
    Thanks, that did fix it so that I could much more easily check posts.

Interesting link, Appletom. I'll have to play with it.