Thread: 3500 Weird Location Names discussion

Hybrid View

Default 3500 Weird Location Names discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

3500 Weird Location Names

This may be the funniest file on Google Earth: it contains the strangest, weirdest, and most misleading city, town, and village names in the world! With 3,500 placemarks in over 150 nations, this file is guaranteed to bring laughs and a smile on your face. With place names such as: "Strangeways, England", "Stepaside, Wales", "Batman, Turkey", "Taxi, China", "Nuke, Kazakhstan", "Warm Baths, South Africa", "China, Chile", "Worlds End, Australia", "China Hat, British Columbia", and many more, including the more well-known villages, for example, of "****ing, Austria" and "Climax, Pennsylvania," this file has every strange placename imaginable!

I'm gonna start another subfolder for people's favorite placenames, so would anybody like to comment and tell me what their favorite placename is?
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Default File won't open

I tried to open the 3500 weird location names file. I get an error message that the file open failed and the comment that File has missing or bad root elements. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with the file?
    Regards
    RobP

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

It's not a problem caused by you. Once some files got "lost" and that causes this error message. Hopefully Spiderx22 still has the file on his local PC and can upload it

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Here I'll reupload it. I only have a version in between though, so it'll look a tad bit messy.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Reuploaded. I think the problem was the spaces in the file name.
    Added a few places while I was at it.

Am currently working on adding information to each place, but with over 3500 marks, it'll take awhile.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶