Current posts inside GEboards: 1,332
GEboards is the first fully-functional message board that exists entirely within Google Earth. Talk about any location, store, restaurant, event or cool quirk in Google Earth.
Please note that this requires Google Earth version 4.2 (get it here) and currently only works on Windows machines (sorry about that - it needs the Flash support in the Windows version).
It appears that you are not logged in. We recommend you register and log-in, then return to this page so you can download the full-featured KML package (customized for you!). If you'd rather just download the browsing KML (read-only), you can do that below:
Download the browse-only KML package
If you have any questions or problems, please visit our new GEboards support forum.
Viewing icons on the map
Viewing a thread
Creating a thread
- Create threads/posts at any location on earth.
- Posting is done through an innovative Flash interface, keeping everything within Google Earth and keeping "My Places" clear of extra clutter.
- Displays your avatar from our main forum.
- User post counts tracked and displayed.
- Bookmark individual discussions by saving them to "My Places" with a single click.
- Thread views tracked and displayed.
- E-mail notifications for new posts.
- Automatic pagination into separate pages for long threads.
- Screen overlay with overall thread/post counts.
- URLs in posts are automatically linked (however, no HTML or bbcode support).
- Admin area for post moderation and user banning.
- You can report threads as spam, inappropriate, etc with a flash-based form.
- Optional category selection when posting an item.
- If it is a recognized item (ex: McDonald's), the icon will automatically show the proper logo.
- You can choose to browse by category by changing a setting - without leaving Google Earth.
- More features coming!