|The house was built between 1547 and 1553. It was gutted by German bombs in 1943, and restored from 1958 onwards by the 6th Earl. In 1971, the 7th Earl sold the house and park to Cornwall County Council and Plymouth City Council, and it has been open to the public since 1988. Its interiors have been restored to 18th century styles. It is currently run by Ian Berry, the park manager, and Nicholas Butcher, the Head ranger, assisted by Gary Fry and Craig Penwill.
Location: Torpoint, England
Category: Buildings: Castles and Manors
View in Google Earth
View in Google Maps