|Bernstorff Palace, in Gentofte, Copenhagen, Denmark, was built in the middle of the 18th century for Foreign Minister Johann Hartwig Ernst, Count von Bernstorff. It remained in the possession of the Bernstorff family until 1812. In 1842 it was bought by Christian VIII. For many years it was used as a summer residence by Christian IX until his death in 1906.
Since then and until recently, it was used by the Danish Emergency Management Agency as an academy for non-commissioned officers but it has now opened as a hotel and conference centre.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Category: Buildings: Castles and Manors
View in Google Earth
View in Google Maps