|The Throgs Neck Bridge is a suspension bridge opened on January 11, 1961 that carries Interstate 295 and connects the Throgs Neck section of the Bronx with the Bayside section of Queens. It is the newest bridge across the East River and was built to relieve traffic on the adjacent Whitestone Bridge.
The span is 1800 feet (549 m) long, with an anchorage to anchorage total length of 2910 feet (887 m).
As of March 13, 2005, the crossing charge for a two-axle passenger vehicle is $4.50 charged in each direction, with a $.50 discount for E-ZPass users.
The Throgs Neck Bridge is owned by the City of New York and operated by the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority, an affiliate agency of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority|
Location: East Atlantic Beach, NY
View in Google Earth
View in Google Maps