|The Jewish Town Hall (Czech: Židovská radnice) in Josefov, Prague, was constructed adjacent to the Old New Synagogue on Ulica rabínské (now Judengasse) in 1586 in Renaissance style under the sponsorship of Mayor Mordechai Maisel. It acquired its Rococo facade in the 18th century. The building was the main meeting house of the local Jewish community but is currently closed to the public. It is perhaps best known for its two clocks, one on a tower with Roman numeral markings, the other, lower, with Hebrew numbers and hands that turn counterclockwise, just as Hebrew reads from right to left.
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Category: Buildings: Other
View in Google Earth
View in Google Maps