|The John H. Wilson Tunnels are a pair of highway tunnels passing through the Ko‘olau Range on the island of O‘ahu. The tunnels are located on Likelike Highway, which connects Kaneohe with Honolulu, and are 2775 feet (845.8 m) long westbound and 2813 feet (857.4 m) long eastbound.
The tunnels are named after former Honolulu Mayor John H. Wilson, who built the first carriage road over the Nu‘uanu Pali in 1898. While mayor, Wilson advocated a tunnel connecting Kaneohe with Honolulu through Kalihi Valley. The City and County of Honolulu opened the tunnels to traffic in 1960. The tunnels are now maintained by the Hawaii State Department of Transportation.|
Location: Maunawili, HI
View in Google Earth
View in Google Maps