Build in 1789 as the second town hall of Ebeltoft. The old one also stood here, it was build in 1576. Allready in 1840 the town hall was too small and a new one had to be build not far away from here.
After the building was closed as town hall it was taken over by fire fighters and guardsmen.
Today it's a museum. It's also used for wedding ceremonies.