|The first thing one notices when approaching from the road own church, the beautiful old church stables, which is a big attraction.
Here, housed in the old days the peasants their horses, while they were in church. A total of 34 stalls and each stall is decorated with a manger opposite door, designed for two horses. They are built in the period 1793 to 1894. They are of timber and straw thatch, and there are three lengths, separated by two narrow escape. We know what cities in the parish belonging to the different housing numbers, but we have no complete name list of those who belong to the individual stalls.
However, there is a letter from Reverend H. Prahl, in which he on May 28. 1892 invites all owners of church premises by their own church for a meeting on housing maintenance agree. As an annex to this call, you will find a list of stall owners at this time, but not a complete list of livestock numbers in relation to the owners. It was only the far away villages in the parish who were entitled to a stall. The peasants from the example. Dyndved had to go, while the peasants from Sjellerup had the right to shed.
Of course there have also been a church stables at most other churches in this area, but they have gradually been demolished.
Location: Nordborg, Denmark
Category: Buildings: Other
View in Google Earth
View in Google Maps