These are the remains of the former airfield of Avedore.
It was opened 1917 and was the beginning of the danish airforce. It was danish airfield until 1940 whe the german occupation began. The germans took most items with them to their airfield Vaerlose NW of Copenhagen. 1945 it was all over.
Today only 2 wooden hangars remains, the oldest in the world. The 10 small buildings were used as engine test facilities, they were build during the occupation and became national heritage 1998.
Today the area is used for exibitions and markets.