The dunes of Leba were a large testing area for long-range rocket weapons during the German occupation.
The last German test flight was in 1945.
After the war the facility was reused by the Polish army.
The dunes were also used by general Erwin Rommel to practise desert warfare.
The museum is located in the middle of the dunes, west of Leba. The collection consists of (long-range) rocket weapons and battlefield relics found in the region (helmets, weapons and munition).