George Ward Park is located at Birmingham, Alabama, USA. It is a 100-acre Birmingham city park located in the Glen Iris neighborhood of the Southside community. The property was purchased and dedicated as a park during the administration of Birmingham City Commission president George Ward. It formally opened to the public as Green Springs Park in 1925 and was renamed in Ward’s honor in 1952. Currently the park is sustained with the help of the Friends of George Ward Park and the Glen Iris Neighborhood Association. The park holds a 24-hole disc golf course, which was completed in 1990. The course features concrete tees with 13 holes of less than 300 feet, 9 holes between 300-400 feet, and two holes of greater than 400 feet. The total course length is approximately 7,200 feet.