A German coast battery stands on the island of Wolin and defended the bay of Pomerania against assaults from sea.
Battery "Goeben" is constructed between 1938 and 1939 and consisted of a fire-control tower (see picture) and three 283 mm canons.
In 1940, these canons were dismantled and brought to Norway.
Battery "Goeben" today:
The battery is nowadays a museum, which is only opened during the summer season.
For the current visitor information, please visit the website of the museum: http://www.szczecin.lasy.gov.pl/web/miedzyzdroje/goeben<br>