Located in Lake Park on the east side of the City of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, North Point Light replaced a Cream Citiy brick lighthouse that was constructed in 1855, but too close to the edge of the eroding bluff. A cast iron lighthouse was erected in 1888. As it was not tall enough the light was placed in 1912 above a steel structure, raising its height to 23 meters (74′) and the light’s focal plane to 47 meters (154′).
Installed in 1868 its lens is still in use, prsently emitting 25,000 candlepower through a lamp that is rotated electrically and controlled by an automated time clock. North Point’s light is visible for 25 miles.
This lighthouse is included in the National Register of Historic Places and the US Library of Congress Historic American Buildings Survey.